Saturday 20 June 2020

An unhappy Sophie...

Day 89

The plan had been to go to Farndon Fields and Market Harborough today but unfortunately Sophie was a little unwell so we decided to stay at home instead. It is very unlike my daughter to be ill but we managed to get her sorted out by calling the NHS out of hours service and some antibiotics were sent to Tesco pharmacy.

We'd had a very relaxed and lazy start to the day and Keith made me a delicious cooked breakfast. It kept me going all day! We enjoyed a few episodes of A Place in the Sun: Winter Sun which provided a few hours of escapism! Bliss!

Later in the day we went to the Co-op at Brixworth to get veggies for tomorrow as we had decided to cook roast lamb for Father's Day rather than the Spagehetti Carbonara we had planned originally. I had forgotten it was Father's Day! I treated us both to an ice-cream and we pulled into a field entrance and ate them in the car on the way home. The weather today has been very changeable but it's stayed mostly dry with very interesting cloud formations in the sky! At one point I thought we were going to have a storm but it passed over and we just had a brief shower instead.

We popped over to Tesco and had to queue to get in, which was a pain. Sophie treated herself to a bottle of Vodka and some lovely cotton pyjamas while I selected a lovely half shoulder of lamb. Back home we relaxed and I had a nap!

Dinner tonight was home-made chicken Kiev with veggies and I made my own cheese sauce to go with it. After we'd eaten we started watching a film called Gemini Man starring Will Smith but I lost interest halfway through and started watching Little Fires Everywhere on my Kindle Fire instead. It's supposed to be like Big Little Lies and also stars Reese Witherspoon. I watched one episode and it looks very good indeed!


No comments: