Thursday 18 June 2020

Rain stops play

Day 87

We've had another morning of very heavy rain and Keith arrived home from shopping looking like a drowned rat! At lunchtime Mike called to say they were finishing work early because of the terrible weather. At first, I thought he had done something wrong but when we arrived all the team were leaving and he'd been winding me up! He said that the golf course was closed because of lightning but some hardy souls were still playing in the rain. They must be dedicated!

Keith and I were very relieved that Mike had been having a joke with us because if he lost this job I don't think I would have been responsible for my actions!

Back home I cleaned the house which took me most of the afternoon. The weather continued to be grey and horrible for the rest of the day and I only hope it clears up tomorrow as I'm meeting the girls I work with in the afternoon at Abington Park. When we arranged the date the weather forecast was great but it's been changing by the day!

All this week we have played cards in the conservatory before dinner but this evening Sophie and I watched a great documentary about Alfred Hitchcock. He made so many films and there's loads we haven't seen and which we'll look forward to watching. It's great trying to spot him!

Sophie made a lovely curry for dinner and we enjoyed it with sticky rice and naan breads. I can't believe it's Friday again tomorrow! Where has this week gone?

No comments: