Sunday 21 June 2020

Celebrating Dads!

Day 90

It's Father's Day today and I can't remember the last time I didn't spend it with my parents, with them  coming around for a meal or going to their house. I felt very sad. Keith received some lovely gifts from Sophie and Mike - books, Scotch whisky and Irish whiskey! That should keep him going until his birthday in September!

I had left gifts with my Dad when they went into the care home and I called my parents to say that Keith and I were going to pop over and wave to them from outside. It certainly wasn't the same but it was all I could do. Who knows where we'll be this time next year?

Sophie had invited Daisy and Laura over for the afternoon, and we'd set up our paste table in the garden, covered with a cloth and full of nibbles that the girls shared. It was lovely to hear them chattering and laughing in the garden!

Thankfully, the weather stayed dry and breezy with plenty of sunshine. It's set to get very hot next week with temperatures reaching the 30s!

As it was Father's Day I prepared the dinner tonight in honour of Keith - roast lamb with all the trimmings! I'm glad it wasn't too warm today! Daisy and Laura went home at about 4pm and I cleared up for Sophie while she stood chatting outside. It was the least I could do after all the times she has helped me in the past.

Dinner was a success and the roast shoulder of lamb delicious. I left the bone on the plate so Keith could nibble away at it and he enjoyed it with gusto!


No comments: