Wednesday 24 June 2020

Feeling hot, hot, hot!

Day 93

Sophie went for a run this morning and I sat out on the front step with my coffee and enjoyed the early sunshine. It was gorgeous, but the rest of the day is forecast to be very hot, and maybe even the hottest day of the year so far!

I watered the garden very early as well, and made sure the birds' water bowls were topped up. As it was going to be a hot one, the plan was to lie low and do nothing much, but half way through the morning, feeling a bit bored, I went up to our bedroom and started removing the wallpaper from the wall behind our bed! It came off very easily! Our household bin is due to be emptied this week so it was good to get all of the wallpaper off the wall and into this bin.

Keith came upstairs with me and we discovered lots of writing from the children when we decorated back in 2011. Nine years ago! Michael had drawn around his hand as well! I asked Keith to fill in some holes in the wall and we tried to get the surface as smooth as possible. This created a huge amount of mess so I hoovered it all up and then carried on through the rest of the house. It was hot work!

Sophie was finding it very uncomfortable working in the conservatory today, but next week the temperatures are set to be a lot lower. I think she is ready to go back to her office full-time now, but no date has been set. Paul, who lives opposite, told me today that he won't be going back to his office full-time until the end of the year!

Mike called us at 2.30pm to ask us to collect him straight away and was finishing early because of the heat. When he got into the car he looked extremely hot so it was straight into the shower for him back at home, and all his sweaty clothes went into the wash!

I finished hoovering and had a lukewarm bath which was lovely. I then went downstairs and fell asleep on the sofa while watching Pointless!

We ate outside again this evening and enjoyed quiche and salad. It was lovely and cool in the garden and some of the birds were a bit brave and pecked at their fat snax in the feeders while we ate.

Afterwards Keith watched Newcastle on the television (he'd recorded the match) while Sophie and I went upstairs and watched a very good documentary called Drain Alcatraz. I am very glad we didn't see it before we went to San Francisco last year as apparently the waters in the bay can be very dangerous and there is a deep trench running underneath the Golden Gate bridge! Also, the threat of the next earthquake is ever-present and the safest place to be would be Alcatraz!


No comments: