Tuesday 9 June 2020

Golfing envy!

Day 78

I drove over to Mum's house first thing to sort out some paperwork with her and then returned home as Keith and I needed to go to Aldi and Tesco. I don't think there's been a day lately when we haven't been shopping for something or other! We keep running out of things and now Mike needs a packed lunch every day, we haven't quite adapted to being prepared for that!

After Tesco, Keith said he would treat me to a takeaway coffee at Costa where the Drive-Thru has re-opened. We ordered two decaffeinated Flat Whites and an iced coffee for Sophie. I've never used a Drive-Thru for coffee before and I had a bit of a struggle getting the cups safely into the car!

After lunch Keith and I popped to the pharmacy to get Mum's prescription and then we went to collect Mike from work. We were a bit early so we sat and watched people golfing in the distance and a group of ladies who had just finished their round. I have to say I envied them a little bit as I would love to learn to play golf and they looked very professional in their golfing outfits and pushing their golf carts!

After Sophie finished work we drove down to Riverside because Sophie needed a few things in Boots and then we headed over to her friend Laura's house where she dropped off her Birthday presents for tomorrow and had a quick chat. Another lockdown Birthday!

Back home it was time for a quick drink and Keith made a delicious chicken curry for dinner. This week, like all the others, is flying by!

No comments: