Saturday 13 June 2020

There's a rat in me garden, what am I gonna to do?

Day 82

It was lovely to have a bit of a lie-in this morning and potter about. Overnight the clouds had cleared and we awoke to blue skies and sunshine. Keith had bought some croissants in the shopping so we warmed them up in the oven and enjoyed them with jam and butter sitting in the conservatory. How I would love to have a bakery nearby and walk down and get them freshly baked! I do envy the French! Unfortunately, as we were sitting enjoying our breakfast we spotted a rat... it emerged from the bushes and went to drink some water out of the bowl I leave out for the birds. All of us were very dismayed by this. We thought we had sorted the problem out. It was a big one as well, so that's another problem we will have to solve.

While Keith went off to get the newspaper, Sophie and I made a start on the housework and we managed to do the whole house. I even mopped the floors downstairs so we were very pleased we'd put our minds to it and slogged away for a couple of hours. Keith did a pile of ironing so we were very productive!

Outside it was gorgeous, with a warm breeze and white fluffy clouds dotting the blue sky. We had been warned we might get thunderstorms but it remained dry all day. After lunch I decided to mow the lawn and strim the edges so the garden looked a lot neater by the time I'd finished. I also watered all the plants as, although the weather has been horrible over the last few days, they were still very dry.

By 3pm I was ready to relax so I watched the film Clockwise on my Kindle. I had to pay to rent it but it was worth it as it's so funny and has some of my favourite actors in it - Penelope Wilton and Alison Steadman, both of whom looked really young! It was made in 1985!

Keith and I played cards in the early evening and it was lovely to gaze up at the sky and see the beautiful clouds. As part of my membership I received a cloud identifier card so we saw that most of the clouds in the sky were cumulus, and very beautiful they were, too!




I also took a photo of a beautiful rose in the garden:


Dinner tonight was pizza and wedges and after we'd eaten we watched The Godfather. Keith had seen it before, but a long time ago and it was my third or fourth time of watching, but it was great and made a good end to an enjoyable day!

No comments: