Saturday 1 June 2019

An evening out!

We had an appointment at 11am this morning at Pochin, in Market Harborough to talk to Matt about the quote he gave us. Keith wanted to try and shave a couple of hundred pounds off the total amount as it was a bit more than we wanted to pay.

The showroom was busy when we arrived so we mooched about and looked at all the different sinks, showers and loos on display. The choice really is mind-boggling and looking at the thick brochures was even worse!

When we saw Matt we explained about our budget and he was able to get it down to what we wanted. To me, a sink is a sink and a loo is a loo and as I hardly ever use the main bathroom (except for a bath) I wasn't that bothered!

We left to go home and fancied a coffee so Keith suggested a tearoom we'd seen on the way over to Market Harborough. Sophie and I had been there before, a long time ago, and it was nice so we decided to give it a try.

The tearoom wasn't that busy but we didn't know whether to take a seat and be served or to go to the counter. There was a queue but none of the staff seemed to know what they were doing! We waited a while and in the end decided to abandon the plan! We couldn't see any menus except for Sunday lunch ones so we got back in the car, drove home to collect Mike, who was going into town, and went to Starbucks instead!

The cafe was empty when we arrived, something I've never experienced before! I was starving so I chose a breakfast bap while Keith went for a mini cheese and ham toastie. Sophie chose a vegan salad but after a few mouthfuls said she didn't like it. I'd eaten my bap by now and I tried her salad which was delicious! I managed to finish if off!

We drove across the road to B&Q where we looked at tiles. A lot of the displays were out of stock as they were expecting a new range so we were a bit disappointed there wasn't more choice. One of the staff said the new tiles would be in the store in about a month's time so we'll just have to wait until then. We debated whether to get glossy or matt tiles and I think I prefer the matt as they don't show up the water splashes so much!

After a quick trip into Aldi and Lidl we drove home and relaxed in the garden. The promised heatwave has arrived today and it was about 27c this afternoon. We sat and soaked up some sun for a while and then retreated indoors where I had a nap!

In the evening Keith and I collected Mum and Dad and we drove to Miller and Carter on the Round Spinney roundabout. Mum and Dad were taking us out to say thank you for getting them home from their cruise and we'd been looking forward to the meal out.

We were taken straight to our table and we had a good look at the extensive menu. Keith and I shared a starter of Chipotle chicken while Mum and Dad enjoyed some cheesy garlic bread. For my main course I opted for the Sea Bass on a bed of crushed new potatoes accompanied by long stem broccoli in a lobster and Prosecco sauce. Yum! Keith had a steak and Mum and Dad went for chicken and pork.

The food was delicious and my Sea Bass was cooked to perfection. Keith and I shared a plate of cheese and biscuits in place of dessert, my Mum had a chocolate brownie and Dad enjoyed an Irish coffee. It was a lovely night and we had a good chat. It was still light when we emerged at about 10pm and after dropping my parents off, we enjoyed a nightcap at home before bed. It had been a busy day!

No comments: