Monday 3 June 2019

Holiday preparations!

Keith and I took Mike to work this morning and he dropped me off at 7.30am. I had a busy shift and when he collected me at 2pm we went to the post office within Tesco to post out a pair of trousers Sophie had sold on eBay, and then bought dinner for tonight.

Sophie's friend Alice was driving down to spend the night as they are off very early to Luton airport tomorrow. We bought a couple of quiches, new potatoes, salad and nibbly bits for our meal tonight.

Sophie had had today off work and had gone to get another spray tan at Virgin. She looked darker than she did before! She looked like she'd been somewhere very hot for about six weeks! We sat and decided to play cards, but before we could start Alice arrived so we all sat in the conservatory and had a chat.

Both girls seemed excited about their forthcoming trip and they went upstairs to sort out their packing while I caught up with an episode of The Durrells. When they came down they shared a bottle of wine and I made dinner which covered the whole dining table! At least nobody went hungry!

Alice wanted to watch Love Island at 9pm so we all sat and watched it. It was a bit cringey and I don't think I'll be watching any more episodes but at least I can say I've seen some of it now! I went to bed and tried not to think of our very early start tomorrow!

No comments: