Wednesday 19 June 2019

Tiles, tiles!

Keith took Mike to work this morning but I was still up at 6.30am and when he got back I'd tidied up and was enjoying my second cup of coffee.

We popped to Aldi and before returning home I put some diesel in my car. Mike's contributions from his monthly pay have helped so far with filling the car and it's been much appreciated!

We dropped the shopping off at home and went into town to hunt for tiles again. We spotted a Topps Tiles near Kings Heath so we went in and had a look and after a helpful chat with one of the staff we spotted a beautiful silvery grey tile that would go really well as it matches the landing carpet. The only trouble was that it was quite expensive and more than we wanted to pay, although we were told there might be a discount available in September...



I took photos to show Sophie and then we left to go to another place near where we sometimes drop Mike off for work. This place had a very similar tile, currently on offer, so we bought a sample and went back to Topps Tiles where we bought a sample of the one I liked so much. This was almost £10 compared to the other at just over £2!

Keith wanted to go to Morrison's to get some cash out and what is near to the supermarket? The Malt Shovel! It would have been rude not to have gone in so we walked across the road and walked into the pub that was full of men of a certain age! Luckily there was a young girl behind the bar but I still felt seriously outnumbered!

We sat and chatted about Mallorca as we've had trouble getting flights that are reasonable. I came up with a plan that might work! After a couple of drinks and a bowl of delicious hot chips, we left to get Mike and then returned home. I put both tiles in the bathroom side by side and said to Keith that we'd ask Sophie's opinion when she got home. We wouldn't tell her the difference in price!

She gave the tiles her full attention and we put the light on to see the difference. We decided to keep them down for a while but she did prefer the one I liked (the more expensive) so I think we've decided. It's a good job we're not having the bathroom done until October!



No comments: