Friday 28 June 2019

Staying up late...for once!

Work was a lot better this morning but I was still so glad it was Friday! Again, the week has flown by!

I went home to get Keith before collecting Mike and the weather was stunning. It looks set to continue over the weekend and into next week. Finding a space near the park was difficult but we slotted into one and Mike came out dead on 3pm. He was hot and said that he'd had an allergic reaction on his arm to something at work and had had to go to a chemist to seek treatment. When he was told a cream was almost £10 he decided to stick it out, and luckily his arm was better by the time we picked him up.

As soon as Sophie came home we celebrated the end of the working week by opening a bottle of white wine and munching on a bowl of veggie straws and aioli. Heaven! For about half an hour we bickered gently over which film to watch as Sky has given us a free one to watch as a thank you for joining their reward scheme. There was lots of choice but nothing we fancied!

Tonight was an easy dinner of Tesco curries and Keith took himself to and from the pub, so we opened a bottle of The Ned after we'd polished off the New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc that Sue had brought around the other day. Mike came home from seeing friends in the village and his eyes were all red and swollen...he'd been to see a little pony tethered up nearby and he'd had a reaction again! He's mad as he knows he can't go near horses! He didn't eat dinner with us as he was off into town - he got paid today so Heaven help us!

Glastonbury is on at the moment and Sophie wanted to see Stormzy but we recorded Tame Impala who were on BBC4. Sophie introduced me to the band and I really like one of their songs, but when Stormzy came on and I decided it wasn't for me, we watched Tame Impala until midnight and they were fantastic!

We had the windows open and with all the lights and the music, we had a great night. I said to Sophie I wished I was a fan of festivals, but I'm not! I much preferred to watch it on the comfort of my own sofa and then retire to my lovely bed to sleep!



No comments: