Saturday 8 June 2019

Washout!

Today Keith and I have only ventured out to get a newspaper as the weather has been atrocious. I woke up to the sound of pouring rain and as we had the windows in our bedroom open, the water was all over the windowsills! What a difference to last week!

It was the perfect kind of day to stay indoors and do very little, which is what we did. I did some housework in the morning and started up some research on my family tree again. Mike decided to go out in the evening so our plans for chicken en croute were put on hold, and Keith and I had two pies that we had frozen from the leftovers of a casserole.

I had made plans to tidy up the garden, go to the tip and wash both cars but obviously, these plans were abandoned. We did see blue skies and sunshine in the early evening so that was some consolation!

Sophie returns from her holiday in Valencia tomorrow. Yippee!

No comments: