Sunday 30 June 2019

A cool breeze...

Overnight, the temperatures cooled and today has been a lot more bearable! After having coffee with Mum and Dad this morning, we returned home to tackle some long overdue jobs. I mowed the front verge and swept up lots of dead leaves that had gathered along the kerb. I also weeded and turned over the soil so it looked a lot neater when I'd finished.

As always, it was great to chat to neighbours and catch up! After I'd finished the front garden I put some rubbish into the car and Sophie and I went to the tip. Afterwards we drove to the carwash in Kingsthorpe and I treated us both to an ice-cream. I'm just glad today hasn't been as hot. I think yesterday was officially the hottest day of the year and maybe one of the hottest days of June!

I put my filthy car through the carwash and then titivated it when I got home. I also washed Sophie's car but put off hoovering it until Wednesday when I'm off. Sophie, meanwhile, put some of her clothes on eBay as we've now started a fund for spending money in Mallorca! We're aiming to pay for at least two meals out for all of us as it's a lot of fun building up the fund!

MIke called us to pick him up from Brixworth at about 6pm and when we got home we sat in the garden with a drink. We barbecued again for dinner and Keith cooked marinated chicken, sausages and burgers All four of us sat down to eat! A miracle!

No comments: