Friday 21 June 2019

Sobering news...

As usual, I was mightily glad it was Friday again! Work passed pleasantly enough - I'm doing the box office returns as Stella has gone on holiday so that always keeps me busy and I really enjoy it.

I had an hour to kill before picking up Mike, so I called Keith at home as he had texted me to call my parents when I finished work. I couldn't get through to them but when I called him to find out what they wanted, he told me that my Mum had been on the phone and the results of my Dad's brain scan had been sent to them. Unfortunately, he has Parkinson's, the same as my Mum, which was shocking news. However, my Mum is now on a really good medication and is feeling a lot better so we're hoping that my Dad can get sorted as well. It explains why he's been so slow lately and not really "with it".

Today has been the Summer Solstice and the weather has been beautiful. It's set to stay that way for tomorrow at least, which is good news as we're having a community barbecue on the green in the afternoon.

I called my Mum when I got home and she seemed OK, especially when I mentioned the medication that have to offer. It will mean that we'll have to sit and talk about future plans, though and the possibility of adapting their house to suit their needs in the coming years.

Sophie and I enjoyed wine night tonight and I made a lovely, creamy fish pie for dinner. It went down very well, especially with Keith who came home from the pub ravenous!

No comments: