Tuesday 25 June 2019

Casual entertaining!

Today was a slightly better day at work as the phones weren't so busy, which was a relief! Keith had taken me to work this morning and after he'd picked me up we went over to Tesco to buy some nibbles for tonight (Sue and Michelle are coming around) and to get dinner for tomorrow.

I bought a bottle of Prosecco and picked out some lovely salads, cheeses and dips for this evening. We did toy with going to Costa for a coffee but in the end we went straight down and picked Mike up from work. The weather today has been truly dreadful with almost non-stop rain and heavy grey skies. The only consolation is we've been promised a heatwave at the weekend, as has the rest of Europe!

As soon as we returned home I tidied the bottom of the house and laid the table. When Sophie arrived home she prepared patatas bravas and I went and had a bath in our tatty bathroom. I can't wait to get it sorted out in October! We have no bath panel and Keith has put some of the flooring left over from the conservatory to keep the water off the chipboard on the floor. I always knew that the conservatory floor tiles from 2003 would come in handy!

Michelle and Sue arrived at 7pm and I had lit candles in the conservatory to ward off the outside gloom. Sue seemed a bit subdued and didn't really talk much about what was happening in her personal life but I get the feeling she's not enjoying it as much as she had expected. We all had a great chat and Sue was the first to go home as she was driving. We carried on chatting with Michelle until almost 10.30pm and then we had a quick clear up and headed to bed!


No comments: