Tuesday 18 June 2019

Early morning irritations!

This morning Sophie had a doctor's appointment at the very early time of 7am so I said I'd go with her as it was in Guilsborough and she wasn't very sure of the way. She would then drop me off at work at 8am and have a coffee in Costa.

We arrived about ten minutes before her appointment but the gates were shut and padlocked. I then began to wonder whether I'd taken the time down correctly but I knew I had, because I'd planned on Sophie giving me a lift to work!

At two minutes to seven, a car came flying around the corner and screeched to a halt outside the gates. A woman got out and struggled with the padlock, assisted by Sophie's doctor who had also just arrived! I was amazed! It was clear that we weren't going to be seen at 7am and I was a bit annoyed, to be honest. Am I being unreasonable or should they have arrived a work a bit earlier to open up and get ready?

Sophie was finally seen at about 7.10am and luckily we made it to my work on time. I would have been very irritated if we'd been late!

This morning the weather was beautiful but it clouded over in the afternoon and we had rain. We have more weather warnings out for tomorrow and Wednesday with thunderstorms expected and more torrential downpours.

Keith picked me up at 3pm and we went home as neither of us could face hanging around for an hour for Mike or traipsing around the shops! He texted us when we were on our way back to get him, to say he was out already which was typical as today we were slightly (and I mean two minutes) late. Normally he would have been coming out of the park by the time we arrived!

No comments: