Monday 24 June 2019

Hard work!

Work was not pleasant today and I did think at one point that people were ringing and putting on stupid voices, as I received some really strange calls throughout the shift! We all have a new job to do as well - deal with membership cancellations that were originally dealt with by another department. It's a simple process, but can be time-consuming and as we were busy today (and I had the cinema returns to do as well) at times I felt like pulling my hair out!

At 2pm I met my friend Lynda and we walked over to Costa in the Weston Favell Centre for a coffee. The weather has been horrible today - still muggy and warm with showers of rain. Lynda is going through it a bit at the moment as her father died and his third wife is being very difficult. She looked tired and a bit fed up but she told me she's booked a holiday in September to Corfu, so that'll be good. The thought of the Greek Isles at the moment is very appealing!

I said goodbye to her at about 3pm and dashed off to get Mike from work. He was wet and muddy from working in the park but he had a new uniform! Previously he wore a light green top and black trousers but now the colours are fawn and he looked really smart! he has three changes of clothes so that will make it easier to keep his clothes clean!

We barbecued in the evening as the sun came out and we were able to sit in the garden. I made Sophie a tequila martini and she said it was delicious. It was heaven to sit out in the early evening sunshine and relax. Of course, the weather warnings we were given came to nothing, as usual!

No comments: