Thursday 13 June 2019

Bad coffee!

Sophie was out again today and was off to London for a conference with her friend (and colleague) Laura. We left home at 6am and picked Laura up on the way to the station. I then had almost an hour to kill so I foolishly decided to go to McDonald's to get breakfast and a coffee, but the food and drink were horrible. I sat in the car park of the Weston Favell Centre and it was a good job it was pouring with rain as I tipped the coffee onto the ground in disgust. I had picked their version of a Flat White and it was undrinkable!

Work was busy and I just had a few minutes to wait for Mike this afternoon. It continued to rain throughout the day and this weather is set to continue for the rest of the week. I do feel sorry for people who have weddings or barbecues planned for this coming weekend as it's not going to be dry and sunny. This time last year I'm sure it was the start of the heatwave!

Back home Keith and I prepared dinner and I waited for Sophie to text me to say she was on the train home. In the end I sent her a text and asked what train the girls were taking and she said, a bit vaguely, that they were hoping to get on the 8.15pm one. This meant that by the time it arrived in Northampton and we took Laura home, it would be almost 10pm!

We had a bit of a bicker and in the end they managed to squeeze onto the 7.55 train so we picked them up from the station at 9pm. The rain had stopped and the evening sky was beautiful. It's so lovely that it's light until nearly 10pm!

No comments: