Tuesday 4 June 2019

3.30am start!

I was aware of Sophie having a shower this morning at 3am and tried to go back to sleep for half an hour, but I gave up. Before we left at 4am I had a quick coffee and tried to wake up a bit!

At least it was almost light and the traffic was sparse, so that was some consolation! We made it to Luton by 5am and said goodbye to the girls at the drop-off point. There was a scrum to get out and pay £3 for the privilege!

Keith and I wanted to be home for 6am to get Mike up for work and despite the roadworks and 50mph speed limit on the M1, we made it. The morning had started off with wispy cloud and hazy sunshine but as we approached Northampton, it turned to fog.

We woke Mike and I had another coffee and a shower before I took him to work at 7am. I went straight into work and had a busy shift working with Denise. Sara wasn't in, so as well as doing the orders and admin work for Sheila I dealt with all the customer service emails, so the time passed very quickly.

I didn't have the stomach to sit and wait an hour and a half for Mike so I went home and Keith said he would drive down and pick him up. The weather had turned really horrible and we had torrential rain in the afternoon. It didn't help that Sophie messaged me and said she was sitting by the pool! Lucky thing!

I had a nap when Keith and Mike returned and then watched Dirty Harry while Keith cooked roast pork and stuffing. The meal was delicious and the weather outside definitely warranted a roast!

No comments: