Thursday 6 June 2019

Afternoon chats

I had a terrible night's sleep and woke this morning feeling horrible. It didn't help that I was facing my longer shift today!

At 3pm I went to get Mike from work and we returned home. Sophie called me on Messenger and was having a lovely time, so that was great. Sue popped around to see me, so after chatting to Sophie I walked across the road and had a chat.

I still can't get used to the fact that she and Paul are no longer together and she said that Paul is keeping the house while she is buying something new in Kettering. We sat and chatted and she said she missed Michelle and I, and being so close to us. I looked out over their stunning view and the gorgeous garden she's created and wondered if it was really worth it?

Back home Keith and I played cards in the conservatory and enjoyed the blue sky overhead. Today has been a mix of sunshine and showers and tomorrow is set to be a bad day with torrential rain and thunderstorms. It's now officially summer so what's happened to the weather?!

Yesterday we popped into the huge Asda next door to Ikea and Keith treated me to a bottle of the Gordon's Elderflower Gin so I did a comparison test. I love the J&J Whitley Elderflower Gin and I have to say it's still very much my favourite!

No comments: