Thursday 1 February 2018

Worry, worry!

It was back to work for me this morning and the session passed pleasantly enough. I put in a request for holiday for the week after Easter Sunday, something I haven't done since 1994! I'm still finding it very difficult to come to terms with the fact that I'm not my own boss and I can't just come and go as I please. Thinking about the rest of my working life - probably about fifteen to sixteen years - being the same is a bit depressing!

Thursday afternoon at after-school club is not my favourite session as for some reason we have lots of children attend and they are all younger and very rowdy! This afternoon was no exception and we had several children crying about different things and a chaotic session in the hall where the boys kept kicking balls, one of which hit me in the face. Not a good idea! It was a relief to get home and enjoy dinner with Keith as Sophie was attending an event at uni and didn't need picking up until later. Mike had been out in Walgrave and didn't want dinner so it was just the two of us.

We went to get Sophie at about 8pm and she was a bit depressed as the event had been about securing a job after uni and it was quite clear that it was tough out there, as so many young people now attend university and competition is fierce. I tried to assure her that it will all work out in the end but it is a worry. The old saying "the bigger the child, the bigger the problem" has never been so apt!

No comments: