Wednesday 21 February 2018

Niggly problems!

Keith, Sophie and I went out for breakfast this morning to Bill's at Rushden Lakes. It's been one of those days today when there's been little niggly problems. For a start, Mike refused to come out with us as he is going through a spat with Sophie and Keith over an argument they had last Monday. Secondly, the main reason I wanted to go to Rushden Lakes was to visit M&S as I had a £50 voucher from Mum and Dad that I wanted to spend... but I forgot to take it with me and only realised when we were halfway to the shopping centre. Duh!

Breakfast was OK, but I think I picked the wrong dish - pancakes with maple syrup and streaky bacon. Keith and Sophie had scrambled eggs on toast with bacon and they said they were great, but Sophie prefers the way I do the eggs! We sat overlooking the lake and it would have been beautiful if the weather was better - it was cold, misty and very grey. The view did nothing to add to my mood! I should have gone for the cooked full English like I normally do!

We did some shopping and despite me not having my voucher I still managed to spend over £40 on underwear! Keith bought some pants as well which was a surprise. He so rarely goes shopping and if he does never buys anything!

From Rushden Lakes we drove to Majestic in Northampton and I picked up the two cases of wine I'd ordered last weekend. We had no Ned Pinot Gris left so I'd ordered seven bottles of that plus some Californian Zinfandel that was on offer. We had a great chat with James and Jonathan and then headed home, except on the way I remembered I hadn't sent my friend Julia's birthday card and she will be 50 next Friday...

We diverted to the Weston Favell Centre where I said I could buy the card and then send it from the post office...but there was just one problem... I hadn't got her address on me! What a twit! However, I bought the card and the kind lady in the post office stamped the card for me and put the little airmail sticker on so I could send it from our local postbox when I got home! Phew! I just hope it gets there before her birthday!

The weather changed from dull and grey to showery in the afternoon and we managed to dodge the showers at after-school club. I was home by 6pm and dinner tonight was cold roast chicken with crushed new potatoes. Delicious!

No comments: