Sunday 11 February 2018

Busy Sunday!

Today has been very busy and not a lazy Sunday at all!

Sophie was working again today so we dropped her off at 9am and then drove to Market Harborough to collect Mike who'd stayed overnight with a friend. The horrible weather of yesterday had disappeared to be replaced with clear blue skies and winter sunshine, so that was a bonus!

We took Mike home and then drove over to Tesco in Kettering to buy some mince and part-baked baguettes that Keith hadn't bought when he'd done the main shop last week. There's always something! On the way home we called to see Mum and Dad and then it was time for a quick breakfast before we took Mike to work at midday.

As the weather was so nice (but there was a cold wind) I decided to sweep the driveway, something I'd been meaning to do ever since next door had their new kitchen fitted. I swept all the sawdust up and then removed loads of leaves from the bushes at the front of the house. I spotted Sue working in her garden so we had a quick chat but it really was a very cold day so we didn't hang about!

Once that was all sorted I hoovered the garage and tidied it up and then washed Sophie's car inside and out. As soon as I finished it started snowing!

Luckily it stopped so I decided to risk taking my car through the carwash. I took a couple of Sunday magazines with me as I knew there'd be a queue...and there was! Obviously everyone had the same idea! However, after getting it cleaner (I still finish it off myself) we had a hailstorm so all plans to go over it with one of my cloths went by the wayside! Typical!

This set the pattern for the afternoon and we had sleet, rain and snow showers for the rest of the day. I languished in a hot bath and then went to collect Mike a bit earlier than normal. He looked really tired and wasn't planning on going anywhere this evening so that was a relief!

For dinner in the evening we had paella and very good it was too. I think we've perfected cooking the rice until it's soft and fluffy!

No comments: