Sunday 4 February 2018

Mercy mission!

It was lovely to have a lazy start to our Sunday but by 11am I was getting a bit worried as Mike wasn't home from yet another night out in Market Harborough. I sent him a text and then called him but the call went straight to voicemail.

I did think that he was going to go straight to work because by 11.30am he still wasn't home and he has to start at 12! However, just as I was resigning myself to the fact that we wouldn't see him until the evening, he called the house phone to say he was stranded in Market Harborough as his mate's car had broken down...

Keith and I sped over to get him while Sophie phoned the cafe to say he would be late. We picked him up in the middle of the very busy town (I think there may have been some sort of sporting event taking place) and got him home where he showered and changed. He was just under an hour late and already the car park was full as today the weather has been much better with blue skies and sunshine, although it's still cold.

I spent the afternoon helping Sophie with two job applications and then had another bath. Although I felt a bit better today I still couldn't get warm again and it was a real effort to get dressed and go and collect Mike from work.

It was lovely to get back home and curl up on the sofa swaddled in warm clothes. I just hope I feel better tomorrow!

No comments: