Saturday 10 February 2018

Rain, rain, rain...

I was awake before 7am this morning and was treated to a beautiful sunrise. The sky was a mix of purples and pinks and it was gorgeous. However, the old saying goes "Red sky in the morning, shepherd's warning" and it came true as the rest of the day was horrible, cold and rainy. I was so glad I was awake to see the sun peep its head above the horizon, though!

Mike waltzed in mid-morning and I took him to work at 11am. Unfortunately, I forgot to take my phone with me and one minute after dropping him off, he called me to say he wasn't actually working today...I didn't get his message until I got home so I had to go all the way back again. I was not happy!

I caught up with various jobs today and had a lot more energy than last weekend, thank goodness! Mike went off to the village in the afternoon and Keith decided that he wasn't going to go and see Sileby play as he felt too horrible - he has well and truly caught the cold I have. I went and had a lovely hot bath but this week I didn't feel chilled to the bone so that was good. I have no idea what was up with me last Saturday!

Mike called to say he was going to see a friend in Market Harborough so the beef pie Keith had prepared was just eaten by the three of us. Sophie and I shared another bottle of the Ravenswood Old Vine Zinfandel and after eating we watched a silly film called Wakefield starring Brian Cranston and Jennifer Garner. It was about a man who "disappeared" from his family, but was actually living in the garage watching them. It was two hours of my life I'll never get back!


No comments: