Friday 16 February 2018

Phew! It's Friday again!

I awoke to another gorgeous morning but it was frosty and cold. Keith took me to work again and I had a busy morning with some complicated phone calls. What is it about Friday?

At 2pm Keith picked me up and we also went to get Sophie who was finishing at 2.30pm. The car park was heaving with cars - far more than we'd ever seen when we ran the business! We stopped and chatted to a man who rents one of the units and was there when we used to have the company. He restores old cars and was working on a 1954 Volvo that had been imported from Sweden. It looked in beautiful condition!

Back home we sat in the sunny conservatory and had something to eat before I took Mike to Moulton. I asked him to get the bus home as I didn't fancy going out later to pick him up and the bus stops right outside the estate!

Keith walked down to the pub and Sophie and I relaxed by catching up on some of our recorded programmes and prepared curry for dinner. When we went to get Keith we found that a road had been suddenly closed in the village because of a burst water main. It was a good job I knew a way around the diversion as I didn't fancy going right up to the A43 and back down into the village! What a pain!

Mike called me to say he was staying over with friends tonight so that meant that we had loads of curry left over! As he's not at work tomorrow I doubt we'll see him before Sunday!

No comments: