Friday 2 February 2018

Thank goodness it's Friday!

I was very glad today was Friday as it's been a busy week and I was looking forward to a weekend at home catching up with jobs.

The session in the call centre today was not a pleasant one, because, although it started off slowly, things picked up mid-morning and I had a nasty woman on the phone complaining that her membership hadn't been cancelled and demanding a refund. As she hadn't actually cancelled with anyone and hadn't even stopped her direct debit, we all had little sympathy, but talking to her was not pleasant at all as she wound herself up into a fury. We also had lots of calls booking children onto the holiday playscheme as February half-term is looming!

It was a relief to get out at 2pm and head home for a quick sandwich before going to the school. It was film night tonight and we were watching Despicable Me 3. Unfortunately, Lisa was back to her old tricks again, leaving me to set everything up and then disappearing when the children were watching the film to have a chat with another member of staff. Luckily they were all well-behaved!

At the end of the film she took them out into the playground while I hoovered and mopped the floor... I felt a bit like a skivvy!

As a bonus, though, we were finished by about 5.30pm so I dashed home and caught Keith just about to walk down to the pub. I offered him a lift which he was very grateful for! Sophie and I watched 90 Day Fiance while he was at the pub and I prepared dinner of pizza and wedges...I wanted something easy tonight! Mike went off to Market Harborough with a friend in his car - another cause to worry about him, but he did text me when he arrived so that was a relief!

No comments: