Saturday 24 February 2018

An early start to the day!

I was awake at 6.30am this morning, a little earlier than I wanted to be, I have to admit! I got up and watched an old episode of Ever Decreasing Circles with a cup of coffee and Monty for company. It was lovely knowing I had the whole weekend ahead of me!

It's been a gorgeous day today with clear blue skies and sunshine but the wind was freezing! I spent the morning preparing dinner and making a batch of muffins and then sat in the conservatory with a snoring Monty soaking up the sunshine through the glass. It was gorgeous!

Keith went to the football in the afternoon but he was back within half an hour as the game had been postponed. He hadn't bothered to check before he went as he thought that the match would be on! I had just climbed into the bath and was having a lovely soak when my parents phoned to ask if they could pop in to see me. I hate to say that I put them off as Sophie and I are going out with them tomorrow anyway and the thought of getting out of my lovely hot bath was horrible. I did call them back and we had a chat and they understood...don't disturb me on a Saturday afternoon when I have a bit of a pamper...it's much needed!

I opened a bottle of Vouvray in the evening to go with our creamy chicken pie and it was delicious. Of course, it was a bottle we'd bought in France so not easy to buy again! Dinner was lovely and we made a change with the recipe as Keith had bought a pie mix from Tesco and the contents were mixed with milk (and some leftover white wine - bet you never thought you'd see me write that!) and then added to the pan-fried chicken and pancetta. The dish had a lovely taste and was very filling.

After dinner we decided to watch a new drama called Mosaic starring Sharon Stone but we gave up and reverted back to Modern Family!


No comments: