Saturday 17 February 2018

Pushing through...

I had some housework to do today even though I really didn't feel like it. We changed Mike's bed but both of us felt compelled to tidy and clean his room as well, something I didn't fancy doing as he never keeps it up and it degenerates into a pigsty.

However, we pushed on and tidied up, put loads of plastic bottles into the recycling boxes and did several washes of his clothes that had been left on the floor. He is so strict with his personal hygiene and I can't understand why he doesn't keep his room clean and tidy. Teenage boys, hey?!

I also cleaned our en-suite and the bathroom and hoovered upstairs as well as most of downstairs so I felt quite pleased I'd achieved something despite really not wanting to do it!

The weather today has been dry and sunny but there's been a fair amount of cloud about as well. At least it hasn't been bitingly cold so perhaps Spring is on its way at last. Mike stayed out all day and then he called at about 5pm to ask if we could pick him up from Brixworth. I agreed and we collected him on the way to get Sophie.

Dinner tonight was very simple - tomato soup with croutons and crusty bread followed by cheesecake. It was great to have a night off cooking and the soup filled us all up. After dinner we watched a cheesy Elvis Presley film and very good it was, too!

No comments: