Friday 23 February 2018

A cold wind blows...

It was another cold and frosty start to the day and Keith very kindly went out and cleared all the windows of the car for me!

Work was quiet to start with and then we had a mad hour or two mid-morning. It was just Kathy and I on the phones and I was given a little job to do by one of the other managers that kept me busy. The time did go by very quickly, which was a bonus!

At 2pm I sped home and sat in the conservatory with Sophie and Keith before going off to school. It was film night tonight and we watched Enchanted. Two of the older boys were a bit bored by the film so I went out into the playground with them while they played football. It was bitterly cold and we stuck it out for almost an hour before going back inside.

When the film finished Lisa took the children outside while I mopped the floor (I wanted to get warm) but she came in after ten minutes saying it was too cold! And it's supposed to get even colder next week when the "Beast from the East" arrives! We're due to have snow Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday and we have weather warnings in place.

Most of the children were picked up by 5.30pm when film night ends, but we had two children enrolled into the after-school club and they can stay until 6pm. It was nice to sit in the library area and have a chat about favourite meals!

On the way home I popped into the pub to see if Keith was there but he wasn't so I looked out for him on my journey home. I spotted him just before he disappeared down an alley and gave him a lift to the pub. Back home it was bliss to relax with Sophie, curl up on the sofa and watch Married at First Sight, a crazy programme about strangers getting married! Sometimes, on a Friday night, I wish I could pause time and just experience the enjoyment of looking forward to the weekend!

No comments: