Monday 19 February 2018

Back to school!

I drove to work this morning and it was foggy, horrible and rainy. Not a great start to the week!

We had a bit of a problem with the computers and phones first thing - one of the servers was making a whining noise that drove the other women in the office crazy. It was annoying but it was soon sorted out even though we lost the phones for about five minutes.

The rest of the morning passed fairly quickly and at 2pm I came out of the office to see my friend Lynda waiting in reception. She has lost an astonishing five stone and looked great! She wanted to have a coffee but I had to rush off home to have a bite to eat and then go to the school as the half term holiday is over. We're seeing each other, and Fiona and Andrea, in a couple of weeks so I said we'd be able to catch up then.

Sophie very kindly made me a sandwich when I got home and then it was back to school. Lisa had set up the entire hall which was a bonus and we had a very amenable chat while we waited for the bell to ring. We had seven children this afternoon and we were able to go out for a good half an hour as the rain had stopped.

We managed to get away just before 6pm and I negotiated the small lanes in the village as the road was still closed due to the burst water main. I arrived home, jumped in the bath and then sat with Sophie on the sofa and watched the last hour of the BAFTAs that we recorded last night. It was great to see Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri win so many awards!

No comments: