Tuesday 6 February 2018

Felling a bit off...

I really didn't feel very well this morning so Keith took Mike to work and then popped to Tesco while I stayed at home with Sophie. I curled up on the sofa and watched some daytime TV, something I never do, and then I had a nap. I felt doubtful about whether to go to work in the afternoon or not, but after a little sleep I did feel better.

Sophie made me lunch of hash browns and spaghetti hoops (nursery food) and I felt well enough to go to work at 3pm as usual. I'm fed up with feeling horrible at the moment though and hate having this cold and cough.

Work was OK but we all decided to stay in rather than go out into the playground as it was bitterly cold outside. We were finished by 6pm and as soon as I arrived home Sophie was ready to go out. She was off for a meal in town with friends so I dropped her off at the university and returned home for dinner with Keith.

We were back out again at 10pm to collect her and sitting waiting for her to come back was a bit nerve-wracking, as there seemed to be some event going on and there were large numbers of students milling about, all shouting and yelling and blocking the road. Luckily she arrived soon afterwards but we later learned that minutes after we'd left there been an incident and the police had been called! Wonderful!

No comments: