Friday 9 February 2018

School breaks up!

I didn't have the best night's sleep and woke up this morning feeling groggy and horrible again. I really didn't want to go to work! However, the woman I work with on a Friday was off yesterday as her Dad was ill and I didn't want to let Sara down, so I went in.

Luckily, one of the other staff gave me an error checking job to do in between phone calls which I always find interesting, especially as I spotted several mistakes! I knew I should have been a proof-reader!

It all got a bit manic towards the end of my shift and I was late leaving. I had barely ten minutes at home before I was back out again! Keith hadn't felt well either today as he has caught my cold and irritating cough. What a pair we are!

I arrived at school to find that Lisa had set the hall up completely so there was nothing for me to do! I was gobsmacked! We had ten children at the Film Night and we took them out into the playground first so they could run off some steam. We watched Epic which I thought looked a bit like Avatar but I don't think it held the children's attention. After the film I swept and mopped the floor and by about 5.45pm we were all finished and facing a week off. Never have I looked forward to a February half term so much!

It was bliss to get home before 6pm and enjoy a glass of wine with Sophie. Keith didn't go to the pub tonight as he still felt very unwell so it was great to not have to go out again and relax completely!

No comments: