Monday 26 February 2018

A visit to the theatre

When I awoke at 6.30am (by the alarm I hasten to add...typical!) I noticed that the house felt cold, which wasn't good as the heating was due to come on at 6am... I went downstairs and every radiator was stone cold! I had to wake Keith up who fiddled with the pressure valve and finally got it working! Phew! It would not have been good to have had no heating or hot water during the coldest week of the winter!

It was -2c when I drove into work but at least the sun was up and the sky was blue! I was given another error checking task to do today, which was a bonus as it kept me busy in between answering calls. I dashed home at 2pm through a brief snow shower, and had a quick chat with Sophie and Keith who then left to go and collect Mike from college. The snow was coming and going and I was a little worried about our trip to the theatre this evening and wondered if we would get a refund if we couldn't get into town because of the weather?

At the after-school club we only had four children (plus Lisa's two) so it was a very quiet session indeed. Three of them had been picked up by 4.30pm so that just left one little girl who went at just after 5pm. That was a huge bonus as it meant I could get home early and get ready for our trip into Northampton to see Love From a Stranger at the Royal!

We picked Mum up at 6.30pm and drove into town. I was able to park in the Albion Place car park and this was great as it was a very short walk from the theatre and all on one level. We had a drink in John Franklin's first - two wines and a Mojito - and then took our seats in the stalls. This, much older theatre, is far more intimate than the Derngate with smaller seats and we were all very cosy!

The play by Agatha Christie was very enjoyable with great acting by all the participants. In the interval we had an ice-cream and then it was back for the climactic ending! While we'd been inside it had snowed but the roads were all clear until we reached Mum and Dad's estate. It was great to get home and maybe dream about a possible snow day tomorrow!






No comments: