Thursday 22 February 2018

A somewhat annoying day!

I drove myself into work this morning and it was a cold and frosty start to the day. Sara was in and hobbling about very painfully as she has a problem with her back. It was slow on the phones and I was joined by Sadie who normally replaces me in the afternoon.

Unfortunately, Cacklehead was in and being very loud. Her coughing was unbelievable! Even a caller on one of the phones could hear her in the background! I got away a little after 2pm as the woman coming in to take over from us was late. This is annoying as I think the next shift should be in and logged on by 2pm, as we are in the morning when we start at 8am. This lady, although very nice, has a habit of turning up about two minutes before her shift starts and then faffs about gossiping rather than log on and relieve us! It wouldn't be a problem if I didn't have to rush off home to get ready for my next job!

I was supposed to have been seeing the headmaster of the school this afternoon to talk about taking the children out for walks in the afternoon or using the kitchen to do some cookery. He had said he was free this afternoon, but when I went to see him he'd disappeared into a meeting. A little later Lisa then saw him drive off which I thought was very rude. I now feel I've let the children down as one of the girls had given me a little list of things she'd like to do at after-school club, which I was hoping to discuss with him.

The afternoon itself was chaotic, as Thursday afternoons often are. One of the boys in particular was very hyper and screaming and shouting at the top of his voice even after I'd repeatedly told him to quieten down a bit. We were able to get the children outside for a while and when we went back in this boy started throwing balls about and hit Lisa's daughter in the face. Even when his Dad arrived to take him home, he threw himself at his parent, nearly knocking him over! I was very glad to get home tonight and relax by watching an episode of Death in Paradise after dinner of Beef Stroganoff!


No comments: