Wednesday 14 February 2018

A bit of a dud!

I'd really been looking forward to today as I had the whole of Wednesday off with no plans but it turned out to be a bit of a dud! To make matters worse, the weather was terrible with constant rain and wind, an exact replica of yesterday!

We took Sophie to uni and then drove to Aldi to get dinner for this evening. We'd decided on steak but Keith wasn't that keen on the offerings in the supermarket so we bought some veg and other bits we needed and went to Waitrose. I offered to buy Keith a coffee but I quickly realised there wasn't a table to be had in the cafe! It was packed!

We bought our steak and went home where we pottered about and I applied for a job working at the court in Northampton. I had to do an online test, similar to the ones Sophie's been doing for some high-powered jobs! I was flabbergasted!

We took Mike to Brixworth and then went to get Sophie before driving over to Market Harborough as Sophie needed to take some clothes back to New Look. It was still a really miserable wet day and after having a cup of tea and a cake in Caffe Nero we decided to go home. There was no point wandering around the town in the cold and wet!

We cooked the steak in the evening and it was hard work! Sophie said that the next time we fancy steak for dinner we should go out to a restaurant and I heartily agree!

No comments: