Thursday 15 February 2018

A sneaky drink!

Oddly enough, I've enjoyed today far better than yesterday and I was back at work this morning! Keith drove me in and it was lovely to see the sun shining again. It makes such a difference to drive to work when it's light!

Work was pleasantly busy with nicely spaced calls and a good atmosphere. The time went by very quickly and Keith picked me up at 2pm so we could go and do the shopping together. As he'd been out and about all morning, he just hadn't had the time and I welcomed the chance of going with him for once!

We went to both Aldi and Tesco and the sun was still shining out of a clear blue sky. Typical! I had a good look at everything on offer and managed to resist buying lots of things that caught my eye! We drove home, put everything away, grabbed a quick bite to eat and then went to get Sophie. As Mike was finishing work at 6pm we decided to call into The Brampton Halt for a quick drink, which was a bonus! There was no point in going all the way home and then driving back out for him!

The pub was busy with early evening drinkers and we sat in a quiet corner and had a chat. I think we're all going through a bit of a rough patch at the moment as Sophie is worried about leaving uni and finding a job, Mike's in the same boat and I don't really enjoy the two jobs I do. It's been lovely this week not having to rush off at 3pm and I miss being home in the early evening and watching Pointless! Finding a job from 9am until 4pm would be ideal!

We collected Mike from work and after dinner we watched two episodes of Trauma, which were very good. We've left the last one until tomorrow night when it's Friday! Yoohoo!

No comments: