Tuesday 27 February 2018

Flooded!

I answered a call from my Mum at 8am and my heart sank as they'd been flooded again and the water stretched the entire length of their kitchen. Keith and I rushed over there to help and I started trying to mop up the water but realised it was going to take forever. I asked Mum to get some hand towels and spread them out and after about half an hour we'd mopped it all up.

It looked like it was the water pipe leading to their outside tap again, the one that should have been fixed the last time it happened back in December. This time it was much worse though as my parents had woken much later than before. We left them with loads of wet towels and promised to call in after we'd dropped Mike off at college.

When we returned they'd called a plumber who was going to try and get out to see them today. We had a cup of coffee and then went home to catch up on some jobs and see Sophie who had been working away in the conservatory.

We've had snow showers all day today but certainly not as much snow as we were expecting. It looks like the "Beast from the East" went off to see other parts of the country! I took Sophie to uni at 2pm and on the way home tried to take my car in for a wash but the machine was closed due to the low temperatures! It's covered in salt and mud and is going in for a service tomorrow but it'll have to go in and be dirty! Unfortunately the garage we use don't offer a valet service as well!

After-school club was OK except I had one child crying because the others were having a bit of a go at her. She came for a cuddle and then brightened up, so that was good. We didn't go out at all because of the snow showers and the freezing cold wind so it was a bit tough being cooped up in the hall for the whole of the session. I'm just hoping that after this week the weather will improve!

Towards the end of the evening, the snow started in earnest again and was really coming down hard so we all stood at the living room window and watched. If it carries on like this overnight, we'll definitely have a snow day tomorrow!

No comments: