Friday 1 December 2017

No snow...

Well, we didn't awake to snow, unfortunately, although some parts of the country did!

Keith took me into work for 8am and then returned home to get Sophie. She called me in a panic to say that the electrics had tripped again and hadn't realised that Keith was driving me in. I had a busy morning doing some jobs for Sara and the time flew by, which was a bonus! Keith and Sophie picked me up at 2pm to say that the washing machine was responsible for the electrical problem as it was leaking water. We had only bought it in June so we were a bit shocked! At home I warmed up a couple of mince pies and enjoyed them with some squirty cream. Delicious! I'd been looking forward to them all day!

Mike was in Hunsbury visiting a friend and Keith was going to go back and pick him up at 4.30pm but I volunteered to go instead when I finished work at 6pm. He managed to contact an engineer to come out and look at the washing machine next Wednesday. Heaven knows what we'll do for laundry until then!

We watched The Polar Express at the after school club (quite apt) and the children were all well-behaved for a change. Perhaps it was the half hour they had in the playground beforehand that helped!

Keith and Sophie picked me up from school and I dropped hubby off at the pub before driving over to East Hunsbury, right across town. The traffic was horrendous! We collected Mike and then drove home where I finished off the dinner and turned on our Christmas lights in the tree outside. They looked lovely! I was so glad they'd survived the year!

Tonight was a bit subdued as I'm at work at 8.30am in the morning. Never mind!

No comments: