Monday 4 December 2017

Monday gloom...

I was up and out early this morning in the pre-sunrise gloom - not the best of feelings but I'm certainly not alone on the road at this time of the day! It's so busy!

Unfortunately, "cackle-head" was in today (my nickname for one of the managers) and she arrived in a flurry of coughing and sniffing as always, exclaiming about a bad accident on a nearby major road. She assumed that the poor person in the accident had died (they hadn't) and must have mentioned it about four or five times, with a sense of almost glee...certainly not necessary in my opinion.

It was a busy morning and the time did pass very quickly, which was a bonus. I sped off at 2pm and ate half a sandwich that Keith had made me from my homemade bread. I literally couldn't manage the second half!

The after-school club was good and we were gone again by about 5.15, even though we had a child in whose mother had failed to arrive on time at 3.15pm. Lisa and I were anticipating a long night but mum came at just after 5pm so we were able to get away early. She gave us no explanation as to why she was so late or why the school couldn't get hold of her...very strange!

Keith and I went to get Sophie at 6pm and then it was home for dinner...and no wine! We are off it this week!

No comments: