Thursday 28 December 2017

Back to work...

I was back at work this morning and overnight all the slush had frozen hard making the roads treacherous. Keith took me into work and we went another way as the traffic was much lighter than normal. I wish it was like this every day!

Work passed pleasantly enough - there was only three of us in the office so it was very quiet. At the end of the day I found I was 80p down which annoyed me! I must have made the wrong calculation somewhere along the line!

Sophie and Keith picked me up and we went to do our shopping in Kettering. Today has been lovely and sunny but cold - just how I like the winter to be! We were home by 4pm and the sunset was beautiful this evening. I wished I'd had my camera with me to capture the bare trees against the indigo sky.

Mike was in Brixworth so we went to collect him at 6pm and the roads were still slushy and icy. More snow is forecast for tomorrow but I'm not sure we'll get any. By the time it gets to us it will have turned to rain.

We had a delicious curry for dinner and afterwards Sophie and I watched the first of a two part series called The Miniaturist, set in 17th century Amsterdam. It was good, if a little spooky!

No comments: