Saturday 16 December 2017

Saturday working...

I was awake at 6am this morning and enjoyed a coffee with a recorded programme of Love, Lies and Records. Monty fell asleep on me as I watched the show!

I was not pleased with myself for having to work today. I should have gone in on Monday despite the snowy, icy roads! Never mind. I was in at work with Sue, which was a bonus and we were very quiet so I was able to make lists of things I needed to do as tomorrow we are off to France for the day.

As soon as 4pm came I logged off, cashed up and drove to the Weston Favell Centre. Outside it was dark, cold and rainy and the shopping centre was heaving with people. I changed £50 into euros and bought another bottle of the Jam Shed wine for tonight as we're having beef casserole for dinner.

From there I drove the short distance to Riverside and picked up two of Sophie's presents which I'd ordered. I also walked along to Halfords and bought a single use breathalyser kit (needed by law apparently) and some headlight convertors.

Keith was at home waiting for my Sainsbury's delivery and he rang to say it had been delivered and he was going to pick Mike up from work as he'd swapped shifts. I drove to collect Sophie from work and while I waited I enjoyed a cup of tea and chatted to Polly.

By 6.15pm Sophie was finished so it was home to pay online in advance for our Dartford toll crossing tomorrow and enjoy some dinner and a glass of wine. We have to be up at about 4.30am in the morning so it was an early night for all of us!

No comments: