Sunday 31 December 2017

The end of another year!

This morning dawned grey and rainy but it has been very mild lately. The snow has definitely all gone!

We popped to see Mum and Dad this morning as they are out at a New Year's party this evening and are dressing up in a 20s style. My Mum had bought a wig and a sparkly hair band and wanted our opinion. We all thought she looked great!

We had a coffee and then headed home where I hoovered out Jim as we were taking him to the Hyundai dealership in Milton Keynes to see if we could part exchange him for a lovely little black i10 that Sophie had seen. We took Mike to work, put Jim through the carwash and headed out on the A508. The dealership is situated on the A5 roundabout so it was very easy to find.

The little back i10 was already waiting for us and the salesman suggested a test drive but we wanted to find out about finance first and how much we could get for the Honda. It was a long drawn out process but in the end we now have a new addition to the family! We are hoping that all the finance will be in Sophie's name but if not, Keith will act as guarantor. She was very pleased and we went out for a short drive and I was impressed. It drives very well and felt very solid which I liked. We have to wait a little while to pick it up but very soon, Sophie will have the car she really wanted in the colour she wanted, so she's very happy.

From the dealership we drove to Milton Keynes and parked in the multi storey. We were all hungry and dying for a cup of tea so we went to M&S and Sophie and I enjoyed a celebratory toasted sandwich while Keith had a scone. We then popped to River Island and Sophie bought a lovely jacket with all of her Christmas money.

We decided to head home and on the A5 roundabout I made a mistake and we ended up on the A5 towards Towcester. As I've used this road numerous times I can't understand why I did it! However, I was glad I did as, after we'd been home a short while, I saw a post on Facebook about a serious accident on the A508 near Roade...and we would have been in the area at the time in happened...someone is obviously looking after us!

We are now at home relaxing and looking forward to paella for dinner and a visit to Sue and Paul's later in the evening to see in the New Year. I'd like to wish all my readers a wonderful 2018 and I hope you stay with me for another year!

No comments: