Saturday 9 December 2017

Christmas shopping...online!

We dropped Sophie off at work this morning and then I came home to try and do some Christmas shopping online. The weather forecast for tomorrow is now saying we are going to get a significant snowfall so our plans to go to Milton Keynes will be cancelled.

I ordered two presents for Sophie to be collected next Tuesday and some gifts for Mike to be delivered by Amazon. I also used some of the Nectar points I'd been collecting with the Daily Mail to get a Christmas pudding and cream and some luxury biscuits from Sainsbury's, which will be delivered next Saturday. For Christmas Day's dinner I ordered a bottle of Chablis which I hope will go well with the turkey. We also have a bottle of St Emilion for my Dad who prefers a red.

Keith went to the football in the afternoon and I had a long hot bath as my cold is now horrible. I'm completely stuffed up and constantly sneezing so all I really wanted to do was curl up on the sofa with a good film...and it had to be It's A Wonderful Life! However, I did fall asleep through a bit of it which just shows how horrible I felt!

Keith returned from watching Sileby and was freezing cold! It really has been a cold, but sunny day so we'll see what tomorrow brings! After picking Sophie up from work we prepared a dinner of chicken and sausage traybake and then I noticed that we've now got an Amber warning for snow tomorrow. I can't ever recall getting an Amber warning before so it looks like our trip to Milton Keynes will definitely be off!

After dinner we watched an old 1980s compilation of Christmas hits and very good it was too!


No comments: