Thursday 14 December 2017

Wine with friends

Today was a bit hectic at work as some of the staff were moving desks about to accommodate a new person in the office. I learnt that "Cacklehead" was going into her own office (she would) and that was good news, as someone said, "At least we can shut the door on her when she gets too loud!" so it's not just me!

The new woman was, unfortunately, grumpy and smelt strongly of cigarette smoke, so I'm not sure it's a good idea, really! Never mind! Despite all the moving about, there was a nice atmosphere today and I like working with Sue on a Thursday. We had a riveting conversation about her family!

At 2pm I left to pick Sophie up and we called into the shop in Moulton on the way home to pick up some chocolates as we are off to Michelle's house tonight. This meant I barely had ten minutes at home before I was off to after-school club at 3pm!

Tonight was a lot better. I'm not sure whether Lisa had picked up on my mood but we took the children out for half an hour and when we went back in she had set up the room, which was a bonus! We were finished by 5.15pm and then I sped home for a bath before Sophie and I walked to Michelle's house. Keith and Mike went to the pub for a drink and ordered a Chinese takeaway for their dinner.

We had a lovely evening and Michelle's house looked beautiful with gorgeous Christmas decorations and little twinkly lights and candles everywhere. Her two cats made an appearance and we chatted over cheese and biscuits, a bottle of Prosecco, the Jam Shed Shiraz I'd bought in Tesco and a Merlot. Sophie and I left at 10.30am and walking home it felt very cold indeed!

No comments: