Sunday 10 December 2017

A snowy walk!

Although snow had been forecast, it was still a shock to be woken by Sophie this morning and to be told we had some of the white stuff!

All plans to collect my Mum at 9am and go to Milton Keynes were cancelled as there was no way I was going to venture out onto the roads! We had a very lazy morning and I called my Mum to suggest we go on Tuesday instead. It meant that we wouldn't have as much time as I'd need to get back for work at 3pm but that was all we could do.

The roof of our conservatory covered in thick snow.
At lunchtime we all walked down to the pub in Walgrave and had a few drinks. A number of locals were there as well and there was a lovely atmosphere. All the while we were there it continued to snow outside even though it had turned a bit more sleety. It was still very cold!



We walked back home slowly and wrapped up warm in the afternoon. I felt very sleepy so I had a nap on our bed while watching Jamie Oliver and then I fell asleep downstairs again! I also couldn't get warm so I think today is the worst day of my horrible cold!

Keith had slow cooked a brisket of beef for dinner but I couldn't taste a thing. No wine for me tonight, then!

No comments: