Wednesday 13 December 2017

We go food shopping!

I had missed going shopping with Keith so today we decided to bring the weekly shop forward by a day. All this week I've been mistaking the days so I knew that today would feel like a Thursday!

We dropped Sophie off at uni and called to see Mum and Dad before we went shopping. I took her the Vans so she could wrap them and they were really happy that their kitchen was back to normal and the leak in the pipe had been fixed.

Today the weather has been dreadful and the snow has turned to rain, making the surfaces of the roads and paths very dangerous indeed. I actually lost control of my car on the corner before we got to Mum's house and nearly ended up in someone's garden!

Shopping was a bit hectic and I did wonder why I'd actually missed the experience! Aldi was busy and so was Tesco...where are all these people normally? We managed to get through it and headed home in the gloom to put it all away before having a quick lunch. Sophie had asked us to pick her up at 1.30pm so we hastily ate a sandwich and then drove to get her.

Back home the rain started in earnest and it went really dark. Those hot summer days in Florida seem a very distant memory!

After school club was quite busy and the children were excited as the first of the two school plays was being put on this evening in the church. We had one little girl with us right up to the dot of 6pm which didn't please Lisa as she was itching to get off and see her own children in the production.

I walked back to my car very gingerly as the path was like a skating rink and it was great to get home and relax after my busy day!

No comments: