Sunday 24 December 2017

Even more last minute shopping!

It was great to have a lazy start to the day but I didn't wake up until 9.30am...much later than I wanted to!

After dropping Mike off at work, Sophie and I drove to Kettering and popped into M&S as we needed some potatoes and veg. They didn't have any broccoli, but I managed to grab two bags of spuds, a lovely cauli and a Christmas cake for Keith, as well as an extra pud for the big day.

From there we visited The Yards and we picked out a great 90s sweatshirt for Mike from the vintage clothes section. Sophie also found a lovely sweatshirt as well. On the way back to the car I called into a the beer shop opposite and bought Mike two bottles of rather strong ale for his stocking.

We had planned on having lunch at Beckworth and on the way we called into a Co-op and I finally found some broccoli! We are all set now! There's always last minute items that we need to get!

Beckworth wasn't too busy and we didn't have to wait long for a table. I fancied the turkey, cranberry and brie muffini and Sophie went for a pulled pork panini. Washed down with a delicious glass of wine it was a real treat! It was lovely to sit and chat and as it wasn't too busy, that was a bonus.

We had a wander around afterwards and I bought my parents a voucher for afternoon tea. I am now finally finished! Hooray!

We drove home and soon afterwards, Mike called us to pick him up from work. It was just after 5pm so great to be home earlier than normal. I watched Five Go In Search of Santa and wished that we had abundant snow or that we lived in Scandinavia. Sophie has a uni friend from Finland and they were exchanging messages and he was sending photos of the snow and how dark it was in the early afternoon!

We had a late dinner of beef pie (Sophie and I were still a bit full from lunch) and then it was time to watch a couple of Christmas specials on the TV and look forward to the big day tomorrow!

No comments: