Tuesday 5 December 2017

Christmas errands.

I was awake at about 6am this morning and spent a very pleasant couple of hours watching a cheesy Christmas film while my family slept on. I put the tree lights on and it was lovely, very cosy and so Christmassy!

After dropping Mike off at college we went to the Weston Favell Centre and I posted all of my Christmas cards, including one to my friend Julia who lives in the US. We shopped for Tuesday and Wednesday's meals and I bought a beautiful Poinsettia for the living room.

From the Weston Favell Centre we drove to Riverside and had a mooch about in Boots where I bought some new make-up. Sophie treated us to a coffee in the Costa in Next and we looked at wallets for Keith. I struck up a conversation with a strange man, much to Sophie's despair, and very soon I had learnt all about his son who had lost 45 pounds in weight and now looked ten years younger!

Returning home, I ate the second half of the sandwich from yesterday and went to work at 3pm as normal. Sophie was off to uni to meet her friends and enjoy a pizza in the library whilst "studying". She really didn't want to go and would have preferred to have stayed at home and eaten with us, even though we were having beef pie with shortcrust pastry for dinner...not her favourite!

Work was OK and we had a little hair salon going with one of the older girls plaiting hair while the boys played a rough game where they acted like monkeys! We were there until 6pm and after our lovely dinner I went to get Sophie from uni at 9pm. She was in a bad mood but keen to get home and hang out in bed with me while we watched Love Actually. A great end to a busy day!

No comments: