Wednesday 20 December 2017

Running errands.

We were all up and out by 9.15am this morning and our first port of call was an iPod repair business in Kettering. Mike's iPod hasn't worked for ages and we said we'd try and get it fixed before Christmas. The company promised to look at it for us so we left it with them, dropped Mike off at the barber's so he could get a Christmas haircut and Sophie, Keith and I went to Tesco.

After we'd finished doing a little bit of shopping, we waited for Mike in McDonald's and had breakfast. I always make the mistake of having one of the breakfasts and then instantly regretting it and that was the case this morning!

We dropped Mike off at home and I picked up my £30 Majestic voucher. We quickly called into Aldi in St James (never again) to get some beer for Mike as both him and Sophie are off to a party tonight in town.

At Majestic, it was really busy and I struggled to get a parking space! How different from the summer! Unfortunately, even though James told me there were seven bottles of the Ned Pinot Gris available, we couldn't find them! Instead we chose another couple of bottles of New Zealand Pinot Gris and some Californian red to take home. Our wine rack is now back to full capacity!

On the way home we called into Jones's to get a few last minute bits but I still have a fair bit of shopping to do and I'm starting to panic slightly!

It was our last afternoon at the school and it was quite a subdued little affair. We put out some party food, but one of the older girls went to a friend's house straight afterwards and the other children were quite content to play by themselves. We left at just before 6pm and I discovered that Mike had already left to go to his party as he was going with a friend who lives in the village.

We took Sophie into town at 7pm and on the way home called to get fish and chips as it was far too late to cook. I felt tired in the evening and had a nap on the sofa while Keith watched The Hatton Garden Job. We were back out at 11pm and picked both Sophie and Mike up from St Giles Street.

We were home by midnight, thank goodness, and I set the alarm to go off at 7am. Work tomorrow!

No comments: