Sunday 3 December 2017

Christmas decorations!

We've had an extremely busy day today and I managed to achieve everything I wanted to do. Keith made me poached eggs on toast for breakfast and then I gave the living room a good clean while Sophie put up and decorated the silver tree. We moved one of the armchairs into the window to make way for the tree and it looked lovely when we'd finished.

Mike wasn't wanted at work today, which he was annoyed about, but it did save us a journey to and from Brixworth. We went to Broughton to get the Sunday newspapers and I bought some more squirty cream, some marshmallows and a bottle of Mulled wine as my parents were coming around later in the day. and I was going to offer them either tea, wine or hot chocolate.

While we were gone Sophie had decorated our Scandi tree in the conservatory and we put up our icicle lights intertwined with our hearts. I gave the conservatory a good clean and then Keith made a banana and walnut loaf. I also made a loaf of bread and had a shower just before my parents arrived.

They chose the Mulled wine and we had a slice of Keith's cake which was delicious. We had a good chat and talked about the turkey for Christmas Day. We've decided on a Tesco Finest Turkey Crown which Keith and I will order next week.

After my parents had gone Sophie and I walked around the estate and delivered Christmas cards to our friends and neighbours. It was a cloudy evening but it was certainly milder than of late. That biting north wind has disappeared so no chance of snow in the next few days!




No comments: